Victim Rights Advocate

Contact Information: Cindy McElwee, Victims’ Advocate, Caldwell County Courthouse (Second Floor), 49 East Main, Kingston, MO 64650

Office Hours:  Monday through Friday, 8:00-12:00 and 1:00-4:30

Phone: (Non-Emergency)  816.586.2142 ~ (Emergency): 9-1-1


Important Information

  • If you have been physically abused or stalked, file for an order of protection in the Victim Services Office. IF IT IS AN EMERGENCY and the Victim Services is closed, go to the Sheriff’s Department instead. They will be able to reach the Victim Rights Advocate.
  • You will need to fill out a petition before the Judge decides whether to give you an “Ex Parte” (temporary) Order.
  • Advocates can go with you to file your Petition and go to the hearing, but can’t give you legal advice.
  • For more information about Victim Rights and Resources, visit

Court advocate, orders of protection (Ex Partes), Personal Advocacy, Safety Planning, and Information & Referal